Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Finley On Star Wars: 22 Months

No, I haven't let him watch Star Wars yet.  I'm going to wait until he's at least two.


But, through various influences (toys at the sitters, older nephews, me), Finley already has exposure to things like light sabers and R2-D2.  Now, any object that is long and tube-shaped, like wrapping paper tubes and brooms (the latter is something Dana showed him the other day... I'm sure that will come back to bite her), becomes a light saber in his hands - complete with sound effects, even.


So, as Finley and I were "sparring" yesterday evening, I tried to get him to recite a few lines for me...


Me: Finley, can you say (in a deep voice), "Luke, I am your faaa-ther"?
Finley (in a deep voice): Luke, I am... Dadda.


More proof that he's not just a tape recorder!  We never use the term "father" in our house, so I was impressed he made the connection.


Not sure how long we're going to be able to hold out before he gets his first "real" light saber.  I'm sure it will be the first time we walk past them in Target with him in the shopping cart...

No comments: