Saturday, March 8, 2008

Random Word: eight

I've decided when I don't have anything to write about that I'll pull up a random word generator and use that for the topic.

What do you know - it works!

When is eight not eight? When it's eight P.M. on the eve of Daylight Savings Time, that's when. At 8:00 P.M. on Saturday, March 8th, 2008, it might as well be 9:00 P.M. because I know I have to go to bed an hour earlier because I have to get up an hour earlier to get to church on time.

Come to think of it, I believe I might have actually lost two hours today. Well, two if you count the number of minutes I've wasted today worrying about making sure I get up earlier tomorrow morning, that is.

I hate the whole concept of Daylight Savings Time. I understand the reason behind it, and I can even see when it was necessary... fifty years ago. But what's the point of it today? Like I don't have enough going on in my life - I need to worry about getting up an hour earlier on some seemingly random Sunday in the spring. (I know there is a method of determining what Sunday it will be - it still seems random, though... might as well be.)

Do they have Daylight Savings Time in Australia? If so, is it the opposite of ours? Are there Australians right now blogging about how they love gaining an extra hour? If so, I hate them.

No comments: