Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shaking things up a bit with a new blog!

So, after much thought and deliberation, I'm going to shake things up a bit here.

I've had an idea rolling around inside my empty head for a few months now - thoughts on how I want to improve my woodworking. Part of it involves skills - practicing to improve skills I have and studying to learn new skills - but part of it also involves my mindset and my general state of mind when I go down into the shop.

After two days of tentatively using WordPress to see how this new blog might work out, I was sold on it. (If you've never used WordPress for a blog, you need to. Now. I love, love, love it!)

Over the next month or so, I'm going to try and figure out how to transition my woodworking out of this blog and into my new one. I'll probably maintain Grey Stone Green as a more personal, non-woodworking blog. Should still be some fun stuff on here, but I'll have to see about making the switch on the Unplugged Shop so you don't see a link every time my little boy does something I think is cute. Until then, I'll post a link in here for new posts over on the other blog, m'kay? (Or you can always just follow the other blog with any one of the various methods available...)

Here's the main Blog page:
thekiltedwoodworker

Here's the first post:
Let's Give This A Try

And here's something that explains more about the title of the blog:
Kilted Woodworking

Hope you enjoy it. I think the last link is probably the most important one for now, though I do already have two posts up on being green that I think are quite snazzy.

Sorry for being such an absent blogger for the past year. Anyone who has had a kid probably understands, but I'm trying to make a focused and determined effort to carve some much-needed "me" time out of each week.
It's there. I just need to sharpen my carving knife, so to speak.

No comments: